Opportunities for Students
- The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program is searching for exceptional high school seniors who possess leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship. Recipients each receive up to $40,000 in college scholarships and attend an exclusive awards event. Outstanding student leaders are encouraged toapply online by February 17, 2012.
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) launched the Emerging Scholars Program to offer college scholarships for high school seniors. NSCS will give five scholarships of $1,000 each to high school seniors to use toward their college tuition at an institution hosting an NSCS chapter.
- The 2011 Teens’ Top Ten list identifies the top books of the year as voted on by teens around the nation. Sponsored by the American Library Association, the list of books provides a great starting point for future reading.
- Facebook: Students can keep up with national programs and review lots of project ideas by “liking” the NHS and NJHS Facebook page.
- Books and Advice: In this list, last year’s NHS Scholarship winners share the titles of books that influenced their lives along with advice on how to survive senior year and the college admissions process.